Thursday, January 19

Back to the Beginning

Do you realise I scrapped a mere 13 layouts last year? And 12 of those were for my Design Team work. I think I lost interest slightly (gasp!)....having a gazillion other things on the go didn't help.

So....I'm going back to the beginning of 2011.....starting with my January photos.
I figure if I can do 12 month-in-review layouts, I will have at least scrapped all my fave photos and created a darn good record of last year.

Here's my first:




I love those days when you wake up with no particular plans....and the day unfolds into one of the most enjoyable.
Sunday was exactly like that.

A friend rang up and said "let's take the kids strawberry picking!".
So we did! And it was the best fun!

 
 
 

We may have gone a bit overboard......but just look at those beauties! And at $6 a kilo how could you go wrong.

No-one wanted to go home so we toodled around to see what else we could discover in our local area....and we uncovered a gem!
New England Woodturning Supplies in Gilgai - where we found unique and beautiful wooden articles handmade by Rob Day and his 14 year old son.

The kids were treated to an impromptu didgeridoo performance by Rob (OMGoodness - so awesome!), we were shown around the workshop and my friend and I picked out some gorgeous pieces of wood that Rob is going to make into funky chopping boards for us.

The perfect excuse for us to go back when they're ready - and this time I'll remember to take photos!

The day finished by calling in to another friend's house where we ate, chatted and the kids played happily.

Bliss!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Sunday. Did you make strawberry jam?
    Love the layout too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What font are you using for the January title, or is it a stencil/template?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hand draw the letters on scrap paper and cut out Raewyn - simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...