Liv says: "every Friday I share a list of the bliss in my midst, reflecting on moments over the past week where I’ve caught myself in a sense of wonder, contentment, and true joy. It’s like a gratitude list, but rather than just being thankful for the things I have…I want to be thankful for the way I feel – even if it’s fleeting – and celebrate whatever brought me to that bliss."
Gratefulness is a common state of mind for me. Perhaps it's because of the distress and hard times I see in my line of work, or that I never leave home without my rose-coloured glasses, but I tend to focus on the positives and not dwell on that which I cannot change.
Life is a privilege not a right.
We create our own luck.
Good things happen when we live with love.
Beauty and joyful moments are all around us just waiting to be noticed!
So here's my first ever BLISS LIST...
1. I celebrate and praise the tradition of the Sunday Roast! Right now aromas of juicy baked lamb are wafting through my house as the wood fire crackles and the sounds of the girl's giggles carry through the window as they squeeze the last bit of playtime out of the day.
2. I thank my body for its slow but sure transformation - today I actually feel that my crosstrainer is my friend. Five minutes used to wallop me - now 35 minutes, 7 kilometres and 150 calories is not exactly a breeze, but manageable and....shock horror....ENJOYABLE! I never thought EXERCISE and FUN would exist together in a sentence spoken by me. How about that!
3. My heart did a mini-flip today while watching the fun Tim and the girls shared while building this dude....
4. Standing outside under the big bright full "supermoon" tonight and knowing it's closer to Earth than it has been in 18 years, just reinforces what a unique and wonderful world we live in.
5. Hubby brings me a cup of tea every evening after dinner without fail. A simple gesture that makes me feel appreciated and loved.......and that to me is bliss!
Why not join the Bliss List Party?
Tell the world what brings you bliss!