Thursday, August 12

Mega Handmade Flower Workshop

Last week's class I ran at Gum Flat was all about making flowers......pretty, pretty, pretty!




(I forgot my camera, so the following grainy old pics were taken on my mobile....and not everyone got their layouts photographed - sorry!)

The girls in a flower-frenzy....



Some of the finished works of art....Deb....


Chris.....

Gloria.....

Katrina.....

Lee.....

Libet....
 

Lisa.....

We used the soft & lovely Little Sprout collection from Fancy Pants, some fabric, pearls and buttons and my latest fave tool - the Paper-Shapers butterfly punch.

I found these great video tutorials, if you want to have a go yourself!

This first one demonstrates the fabric rosettes.....we used a circle cut from JAC paper as our base, rather than the adhesive strips she uses in this video....


This one was a hit with the Gum Flat girls......the spiral roses......we experimented with inking our spirals, tearing the outer edge, fraying and scalloping. Some people squashed the finished rose with something flat (like the bottom of a jar or cup) so they sat better on the page. We also dabbed them with Shimmerz Blingz for a lovely sheen.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, im jealous, that looks like an amazing class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so my type of thing and I've been making flowers like that of recent times too, aren't they great. I love your LO, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those flowers look amazing! Well done to the Gum Flatties....looks like a lot of fun had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvly flowers Pen!

    love
    Lin
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...