Sunday, April 25

Scrappy shares and stuff

Oooo I had such fun creating last night......got messy with spray paint and masks.......above is a peek of the next project for my Gum Flat class......should have some spare kits left too if you like the look.

Here's one I did before my trip....had only showed you a peek since it was part of my application for Kim Archers @Home DT......but now I can show the whole thing! (I was unsuccessful)

A lot happening in this one.......paint......lace.......fabric.......scrunching.......bla bla bla.......The large flower was made out of a muslin bandage!  Easy and effective.......sprayed half of it yellow and half pink using Shimmerz Spritz......rolled it up into a flowery shape once dry....ta da!

There was another little project I had on the go using the Dear Lizzy lovelies......here it is in 3 instalments.....


....its like a little concertina book of frames for Mia.  Cute don't you think!

Happy ANZAC Day to all.....is that what you say?  Went to the local parade for the first time since living here.  Was very moving.  The girls marched with Gum Flat Public....


....felt quite proud.....tears were forming.

Big news at Sunnydale is this.....


....those who know Cookie the Kelpie would notice something not quite right.....yep, her supermodel figure is no more!!!  This is what we were surprised with when returning home from our holiday......the girls are in raptures about the prospect of a warm bundle of puppies to look after.....and thinking they need to keep one EACH......not likely!  Anyway, quite exciting for us all.

Going well with my "Read More" challenge.....finished these 3 while on hols....


.......an emotional journey with 3 sisters as they come to terms with the death of their youngest sister and go in search of a baby given up long ago.....


......set in SA including the Flinders Ranges that we had just visited when I picked up the book on holidays!  The whirlwind adventure of a fiesty Irish orphan with big dreams who finds herself joining some of the first settlers to the Far North of SA to establish a sheep station......exciting and romantic.....a real escape.


......have been wanting to see the movie, but needed to read the book first.....cleverly written.......heart wrenching.....a real insight into the way sickness rips a family apart......shocking ending.......bawled my eyes out.....do you think I can cope with seeing it as a movie???

Getting some more holiday snaps together for my next post.....or are you sick of them already?

Enjoy what's left of the long weekend.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Love all your new stuff, Pen.

    Heeheehee - looks like Mimi is checking out her nipple!!

    Can I please borrow My Sisters Keeper after you?

    Love
    Lin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are finding some time to read. So good for the soul! I want to borrow those books when you have finished them Pen! Ta!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of my beautiful girls marching on ANZAC day. Their great-great grandad who was killed in 1915 and their great grandad who fought in WW2 would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...